Saturday, March 14, 2009

Stream of consciousness.

Atonement is on HBO right now and I'm falling in love with James McAvoy again. I could watch the tracking shot of Dunkirk for hours and totally be okay with the fact that I just spent hours watching it.

There's a Little House on the Prairie musical at Paper Mill Playhouse right now and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm pretty fond of the books and they were basically a staple of my reading material for my entire childhood, along with the Little Women books, the Anne of Green Gables books, and the American Girl books. And a bunch of others but those series, those were big. I never particularly cared for the TV show. Melissa Gilbert's teeth annoyed me. The Little Women musical was pretty disappointing, minus Sutton Foster, and I'm pretty sure this would be worse.

Matt Doyle is playing Melchior in Spring Awakening in Toronto and it's ridiculous how much I'd love to go see it. He's pretty much one of the main reasons I'm seriously considering working in theater / going to grad school for theater studies, and the chance to see him in one of the most powerful, moving shows I've ever seen...sigh.

I really like the word "awakening." I was thinking about this the other day. I was trying to think of a way to describe the way I felt, and "awakened" was the most fitting I could find. Not "awake," only, but "awakened." I feel calm and at peace, yet eager and exhilarated and restless and ready for whatever comes next. I feel determined and alive and I like it.

Only when I stop and think, do I feel overwhelmed. The rest of the semester is incredibly hectic and I'm almost afraid it's going to fly by too fast--so many of my friends are graduating, and I'm going to miss them so much next year. It's a good hectic though, mostly. Relay for Life is going to be draining but amazing. That weekend, I have tickets for a screening at the New Directors / New Films program that the Film Society of Lincoln Center and MoMA are doing. The weekend after I'm going to see Guys and Dolls with Dad. The weekend after is Easter. (Toronto? Haha.) The weekend after is the Avenue Q trip with school. Yay for going to school close to New York! Haha.

I'm watching Erin Brockovich. Rugged, disheveled, old-school Aaron Eckhart cracks me up. "The looks of a matinee idol and the soul of a character actor." Love him.

Secret source of pleasure: when my comments on IMDb are high on the list because other people find them "useful". Haha. My comment on The Wrestler is second most useful out of 300, right now. My Persepolis comment is 2 out of 103. My Cassandra's Dream and September Dawn comments are both #3. El Orfanato and Love in the Time of Cholera, #7. I also really like it when I look at an IMDb page and my comment is the automatically generated one that shows up at the bottom of the main page. Hehehe.

I had more but I put it in a separate post. Too much goin on.

----------------
Now playing: Vampire Weekend - Ottoman

No comments: