Friday, April 24, 2009

New Poem.

Formatting's messed up as usual. Whatever.


my words
they're falling in pieces
meandering
trudging through mind muck
breaking up
smaller every second
syllables separate
disintegrate
dissolve
spinning
they revolve
tumbling
down
brain to blood
blood to lips
lips to air to ears
HEAR:
what’s in my brain
doesn’t make it to your ears
fear and nerves rattle my words
they race around mental curves
vibrating herds of garbled noise
jumbled
they are mine no more
the moment the sound slipped from my lips
I knew:
the words were from another
from a foreign tongue
or a clumsy puppeteer
borrowing my lungs
to fuel her mixed up message
to mess with my sentiment
scramble my meaning
my feeling
perhaps it will translate
untangle
unravel
between your ears and brain
aim for restoration
reassemble my narration
patience cooperation
come to understand:
my words,
they have a mind of their own.

No comments: