Friday, September 24, 2010

scattered

-- I came across a marvelous little comic book shop yesterday up past Leicester Square, but didn't get to go in. I really want to find it again.

-- The pound is killing me, and my wallet, already.

-- Compared to New York: Fewer people here walk around with headphones on. More people on the Tube read.

-- Fashion Week just ended. Yesterday, outside the menswear exhibition by Somerset House, I saw a woman with a headpiece modeled to look like a Campbell's soup can. lol couture.

-- I got hopelessly lost on my way to my department induction. I ended up in the engineering wing which, incidentally, is under construction. The one man I saw had no idea where the film studies' rooms were and told me to go to reception. I couldn't find reception.
---- Fun fact: apparently the film studies' rooms are in a building located over the old Roman baths.

-- I tend to pick up words from other people pretty easily, and I can already feel myself borrowing the local language. I say "pardon," "mum," and "quite" all the time as it is, and I can't decide if using these words make me sound like more or less of an asshole here.
---- Either way, I don't think I care.

-- South Bank is probably my favorite area so far, minus the touristy factors, and I really wanna shoot at the skate park down there on the next nice day. It's 5 minutes from my apartment, right by the BFI, and I feel like I'm gonna be there a lot.
---- Found a decent Italian place that’s not ludicrously expensive, hooray. It’s down at Gabriel’s Wharf at South Bank, so it’s really close and super cute and I like it a whole lot.

-- Camden Town tomorrow? Whee!

-- I feel rather like the little guy glued to the bottom of a snow globe, if that little guy broke off when someone shook the globe, went all topsy turvy, and didn't land on his feet.

2 comments:

sketchsteph said...

This post rules

Corey said...

Thanks for reminding me that I hadn't tumbled this yet ^_^