Saturday, October 15, 2011

This afternoon, I had a dream

where a terribly scary alien monster was chasing me. The alien monster was not unlike the "shit demon" in Dogma but looked more like it belonged in "Futurama." I was carrying an alien-shaped cake and trying to run away at the same time, through a videogame-like maze. The Futurama Shit Demon would be borne out of toilet in the top left corner, and I would take off to the opposite end of this strange earth, but every time, I wound up on a high school baseball diamond. The alien monster would swipe some of my cake and then take off on a cloud and fly away -- and then I'd end up back at the beginning of the maze with less cake, the toilet would incept the Futurama Shit Demon, and the whole thing would happen over and over, until I had nearly no cake left. Finally, I figured out how to stay on the field, and tried taking the pathetic remains of the cake to the cafeteria's back door at the school, but when the door opened, it was the Futurama Shit Demon.

Then I woke up and I've been listening to Belle and Sebastian's "Dress Up In You" on repeat since then. I don't know what that means, other than it'll probably make for another really depressing dream later on.

"You got lucky, you ain't talking to me now...Get on the airplane, you give me stomach pain...We had a deal then, we nearly signed it in our blood. I thought that you would keep your word. I'm disappointed...I always loved you, you always had a lot of style. I'd hate to see you on the pile of 'nearly made its'..."

No comments: