Sunday, August 3, 2008

Some quotes.

Sooze: That’s my worst fear. Making a sound and no one hears it.
– Eric Bogosian, subUrbia

Jeff: I know that I don’t know. I know that much. I know that things are fucked up beyond belief and I know I have nothing original to say about any of it. I don’t have an answer, I don’t have a “message.”
- Eric Bogosian, subUrbia

"Reserving judgements is a matter of infinite hope. I am still a little afraid of missing something if I forget that, as my father snobbishly suggested and I snobbishly repeat, a sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth.

"And, after boasting this way of my tolerance, I come to the admission that it has a limit. Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes but after a certain point I don't care what it's founded on. When I came back from the East last autumn I felt that I wanted the world to be in uniform and at a sort of moral attention forever; I wanted no more riotous excursions with privileged glimpses into the human heart."

– F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

No comments: