Tuesday, August 11, 2009

No. 12

Forgot to post this the other day. Wrote it down on my cell phone at the Jason Mraz concert during the shortest set in the history of the world. Figured I'd copy it off my phone even though it doesn't really say anything because I haven't posted in ages..

so give me all you got
because I’ve never had enough.
lift this weighty cup of hate and love
to my thirsty lips and tip
it back to feed my cravings
and fill the holes that
hunger has gnawed in my paper heart
like earthworms through the dirt
beneath the soles of my
tired feet that tread
water churning slowly
flowing to and fro
full of froth and foam so sweet
it melts like whipped cream
in a mug of dark, rich cocoa –
nectar or ambrosia that
dripped off spilled saucers on Parnassus
into the sea to feed the starfish and the whales
and the men who sail on waves
that grow and build before they crash
and drown all things in a blanket of
glorious darkness, cold and smooth
sugaring the land to sweeten the future
triumphs of the next life to brave the waters,
who plans and makes and lives anew
amidst blue winds
that paint the world
in brilliant brushstrokes of
royal violet and gold
so pure it’s whiter than light
the platinum plated love cup
that quenches all.


----------------
Now playing: Chris Ayer - The Revealing

No comments: