Thursday, April 22, 2010

Things on my mind:

- Typography.

- Narcissism.

- The Italian Renaissance.

- Manipulation in all its forms.
--- Manipulation through images.
--- Manipulation through the semblance of love.

- The relevance of geography in relationships.

- Talking. Speech habits. Language.
--- Anna Deavere Smith.

- Robot Unicorn Attack.

- Songs stuck in my head this week:
--- "Home" - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros.
--- "Black Hole" - The Silent Years.
--- "Dog Days Are Over" - Florence + the Machine.
--- "Superfast Jellyfish" - Gorillaz.
--- "Stillness is the Move" - Dirty Projectors.
--- "Jesus, Etc." - Wilco.

- Marina Abramović and performance art.

- Passive and active forms of running away.

- From Jenny Lewis: "I'm fraudulent, a thief at best - a coward who paints a bullshit canvas."

- My seminar paper, my honors project, my absurdism paper, and my Met facade paper.

No comments: