Thursday, May 19, 2011

I don't understand why I can't let myself feel like I deserve to be loved, like I deserve to be cared for. Why does it seen normal to feel this hurt all the time? Why do I feel like it's wrong to demand more from the people who claim to love me? Why don't I feel entitled to happiness? I don't get it. I don't know how to fix myself.

It's unfair, isn't it? To know that you can't get what you want or need from certain people, but be unable to distance yourself from them. It's a lose-lose situation. Distance yourself, and you lose the good aspects of the relationship; stay close, and you feel starved for what that relationship can't give you.

I keep saying that I don't know what to do, and it keeps getting suggested to me that I need to stop thinking of my feelings as things I need to do something about. But how else do I make them go away? How do I make them stop?

Ugh.

No comments: