Sunday, June 20, 2010

I always forget that I am particularly empathetic and sympathetic towards people who have just broken up with their significant other / people whose significant other has just broken up with them. Until I start talking to someone who is experiencing this.

Next thing ya know, I'm on the phone in the middle of a concert reassuring someone that it's okay to cry still, I'm stuck in the middle of friends who are ex's, and I'm buying drinks for newly single friends who aren't out of the mourning period yet. I just feel so awful for them, even without really knowing any details.

I don't understand why trying to be supportive of / a good friend to these people is so important to me. Especially when the ways I attempt to show it are so trivial, so poor, so thin. Meh.

At times like these I suspect I'm a foul weather friend, and that concerns me greatly.

No comments: