Monday, November 1, 2010

~lifegoals

-- Write movie reviews for a newspaper or magazine.
-- Write film crit for a legitimate periodical or other publication.
(I think this needs to happen in this order.)
-- Write a full length feature screenplay that I don't hate.
-- Write a play that isn't terrible.
(This also needs to happen in this order, I think. I don't think I could write a play before finishing a screenplay.)
-- Bring back screwball comedy, goddamnit. IT CAN STILL BE RELEVANT.
-- Teach. Preferably university students.
-- Write a media literacy curriculum for elementary/secondary school students to teach them how to sort through and critically digest images/moving pictures/the stuff on the internet with actual content instead of just fucking consuming it mindlessly.
---- Make friends who will get this curriculum implemented for real in public schools.
------ Make other friends who will save public education.
------ Make other friends who will save liberal arts higher education.
------ Make other friends who will effectively reform the university admissions process.
-------- Find the patience and means to do all this myself should the friend-making fail, which it probably will.

In the mean time:
-- Write more letters.
-- Write more in general.
---- Write less about me and more about everything else.
---- Finish that goddamn screenplay adaptation.
-- Read more.
---- Books, I mean.
-- Consume less. Sort through the shit and critically read/view more.
-- Finish my masters without being a total failure.
-- Keep going. Lather, rinse, repeat.

1 comment:

Jess said...

--build a college in maine