Monday, March 3, 2008

Random quotes floating through my mind.

Barbara: Fuck love, what a crock of shit. People can convince themselves they love a painted rock.
(August: Osage County)

Karen:
I'm not defending him. He's not perfect. Just like all the rest of us, down here in the muck. I'm no angel myself. I've done some things that I'm not proud of. Things you'll never know about. Know what? I may even have to do some things I'm not proud of again. 'Cause sometimes life puts you in a corner that way. And I am a human being, after all.
(August: Osage County)

Astrov:
A human being should be entirely beautiful: the face, the clothes, the mind, the thoughts. Your step-mother is, of course, beautiful to look at, but don't you see? she does nothing but sleep and eat and walk and bewitch us, and that is all. She has no responsibilities, everything is done for her--am I not right? And an idle life can never be a pure one.
(Uncle Vanya)

Yelena:
The truth, no matter how bad, is better than an uncertainty.
Sonya: Not knowing is better, because then there is still hope.
(Uncle Vanya)

"If people bring so much courage to this world the world has to kill them to break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."

(A Farewell to Arms)

No comments: