Saturday, April 5, 2008

Photo ideas.

I just want to say that I thought of ideas for couple photography projects a while ago that I'd like to pursue but probably won't due to the lack of willing subjects.

1) I wanted to do a series of portraits of mis amigos like Henny Garfunkel's celebrity Polaroids: just telling the person they can do whatever they want, snapping the picture, printing the image, and making them sign it. But getting people to do it is the tricky part, and the whole part of having to get good snapshots that really capture the person's personality doesn't help.

2) I think a series of images of people sleeping would be really cool. A person asleep is so pure...there's absolutely no artifice or guise for you to hide behind you when you sleep. You're completely vulnerable, and innocent, even. And if you don't look innocent when you're asleep...then daaamn. That'd make for a great picture too, though. But I feel like people would be a bit wary of being photographed while sleeping. Plus I'd kind of feel like a creep. But when it's photography for the sake of art, I get over that slightly-creepy feeling really fast. Haha.

That's all I got. I think that'd be a good time, though, and "occupation for an idle hour." Well, for an idle summer. ( :

(P.S. Clearly I started reading Persuasion against my better judgment, haha. I'm going to have to leave it at home so I can get my work done.)

(P.P.S. I hate that "judgment" doesn't have an "e." Merriam-Webster says that spelling it with the "e" is acceptable, but MS Word says it isn't. I'm inclined to trust M-W, but it's still obnoxious when it comes up with the little squiggly red line underneath it in Word when I'm writing a paper or something.)

No comments: