Wednesday, April 23, 2008

5 Things

1. I freakin love Chandler on Friends. I either forgot or never knew until I recently started watching it almost obsessively. I never will be one of those people who's hardcore obsessed with the show...though it kind of fascinates me, wondering what about it endears it so much to so many, why so many people love it to the point that it's pretty much a must-know for all pop culture fanatics (future post topic?)...but man, I do love Chandler. He's rivaling Alan Shore right now, even though they're pretty much nothing alike. Five favorite male television characters ever (in alphabetical order by first name because I can't decide who I like best):
  • Alan Shore
  • Chandler Bing
  • Jess Mariano
  • John Dorian
  • Shawn Hunter

I guess if I had to say, J.D. rounds out the list and his spot is vulnerable. Dr. Cox is pretty amazing, too, and there's just so many others who are great. Adam Rove might have beat J.D. if he hadn't cheated on Joan with friggin' Bonnie...Derek on Grey's was pretty close to beating him too. It's not just that he's an incredibly handsome human being. I do honestly really love his character. Swear. Haha.

2. John Mayer Trio is presently my favorite thing to listen to. Particularly the song "Vultures."

3. Every semester, I make unconscious (or conscious and just unspoken) resolutions that I'm going to stop procrastinating, sleep more, eat better, exercise, and not be a waste of life. And every semester that plan fails terribly, and eventually, everything comes crashing down and I hate everything. I'm pretty proud of the fact that the crashing this semester didn't occur until the last few weeks. And it's not even that bad - I'm still feeling pretty chipper, all things considered. Granted, crashing shouldn't happen at all. But hey. I still have 4 semesters left to straighten things out. 5 if I miscalculated...

4. I don't want to start thinking about grad schools, but I suppose I must. NYU sounds pretty good right now, but I don't want to be unrealistic, so I guess the search needs to be extended to include non-tier-one schools. Haha.

5. I'm in the mood for an '80s/Brat Pack movie day. Specifically, St. Elmo's Fire, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, and Sixteen Candles. I feel like those are the 4 core ones anyway. I think I should. I could use a little Kevin, Bender, Blane, and Ducky, and besides, I've never seen Sixteen Candles all the way through. I just need the time...

----------------
Now playing: Toploader - Dancin' in the Moonlight

No comments: