Friday, April 18, 2008

I was being facetious.

I think it's funny how different aspects of our personalities are highlighted around different people.

I feel like generally, people try to be themselves. Or say they just "are" themselves. That they don't try to be someone they're not, or pretend to be someone they're not. I think these people generally tell the truth, or at least, think they're telling the truth. But I also think that they're not always wholly themselves. Different facets of themselves shine around different people, all of them part of a single person, though they may seem like completely separate personalities. When these are all together as a unified whole, I think that's when a person is most "himself".

It's easy to find people who bring out different parts of your personality, but I think it's difficult to find people around whom you feel like you are being wholly and completely yourself, in purest and most unaffected form. I even think it's easier to find people who bring out the best in you - or who bring out the worst. Finding someone whom, when you're around him or her, you just think, "I feel like myself" - always - that doesn't happen often, I don't think. And in a way, it's kind of a miracle.

That's all.

No comments: